8.14.2009

BYE-BYE BEEF

well i did just blog yesterday, but last night i made a decision that i believe is truly blog-worthy (i hate that word). anyway here it is: i decided to become a vegetarian. yes, it's true. i decided i would try it. and then i changed my mind. a significant other talked me out of it. because let's be real: i don't eat vegetables. so i modified my plan. rather than joining the elite world of vegans, i am simply cutting a few things out of my diet. those few things being cows and pigs. call me kosher, but it's the truth. the thing is, a mere twelve hours after i made this goal for myself i failed. due to my parents cooking bacon for breakfast. canadian bacon, but bacon nonetheless. but you know what they say...if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself and try again. and by "they" i mean aaliyah.

today's fortune: you crave your lover when the two of you are apart


4 comments:

-Jeremy- said...

I became a vegetarian for about a week once. It was easy until I saw someone at the grocery store around my age talking to her mom about how she was a vegetarian. She sounded so ridiculous and I couldn't help but think that she had no idea what she was talking about. So, that night I think I ate a hamburger. But, I give you props Elise, I give you props!

iarushfam said...

Elise, I am your sister, and I love you, but...I don't think I have words. Actually, I don't think that your diet is changing that much. Did you ever buy beef or pork before? I don't think so. We all know you live on carmel cobs and buffalo wings anyway. Give one of those up...that would be a real life changer! Oh, and when are you coming to visit? It's much closer than D.C.!

The Gorbott said...

i think i will be vegetarian in boston

Ace...also Waleena...two people, actually said...

Hmmm...Kosher...no crab, no shrimp, no lobster. Easy!