11.30.2011

a homemade christmas

have you ever had an entirely homemade christmas? i have. one year, for christmas, my family traveled to douthat state park in western virginia, rented a cabin, and had a very rustic christmas. we made all of the wrapping paper, decorations, treats, and gifts by hand (yeah i have seven siblings and i had to hand make each of them a gift...and i was like, twelve). but it turned out to be a lot of fun. we could actually focus on what christmas is really about, and sort of take time out from the busy-ness of the holidays to spend a much simpler christmas with each other.

Pinned Image
Pinned Image


so, during the month of december, i'd like to share a few ideas on how to create your own homemade christmas! from decorations, to presents, to activities. stay posted!


top image by bill crabtree for virginia outdoors
bottom two images via pinterest

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Cool idea. I will be interested to see your upcoming posts!

Robyn said...

Hey Elise - I love your blog! Such fun ideas.If you want an invite to my blog just let me know.

We always do a homemade gift exchange with my family for Christmas and it's so much fun. Last year Blake and I found a red sweater at the DI and then made a Mrs. Weasley inspired sweater complete with a felt gryffindor for my brother. Pretty sure I loved it more than him ;)