5.15.2012

parenthood post: naps

for today's parenthood post, i'm going to keep it simple. i want to know if you take naps when your little one is sleeping? and if you don't, what do you do in those precious quiet moments? i'll tell you what i do after the jump...


click below to read the full post

i rarely take naps. i should, but i just can't. when i wake up in the middle of the day, i feel disoriented and weird, so i just avoid them. plus, i never feel well-rested or satisfied and it just makes it harder for me to get out of bed again and go on with my day. i would love to tell you that when jude goes down for a nap, i punch out a few loads of laundry, mop the kitchen floor, vacuum out the car, or buff the dinner plates, but i don't. sure, i'll usually tidy up the house when he's sleeping, and get dinner prepped and ready, but i mostly just catch up on my blog reading or pinterest, and then sit outside on the deck and read a book. it's the only time of day when i feel like i can relax for a little bit and do what i want to do.

so...how do you spend your little one's nap time? i'd love to know!


photo of jude passed out on the couch while watching his beloved elmo's world (taken by me)

3 comments:

Ace and Waleena...Two people, actually said...

I was exactly like you...I can not nap without feeling worse when I wake up then I did before I went to sleep. Using nap time to catch up on a good book was ideal. Sometimes housework encroached. But not often! :) j.

Emily said...

In the early days, I'd nap when Lucy slept. But now that she's sleeping through the night (at 3 months! heck yeah!) I'm the same as you. I bake or draw... or work on my thesis if I'm feeling motivated.

Ruth said...

I do what I want! Seriously, now that I have two little ones nap time is the only time I get for myself. Although, even when I just had Lily nap time was usually me time then as well. I would take a nap if it could be three hours long, but that's generally not an option...