7.01.2012

tv shows

hey guys! today, i want to talk about tv! do you watch it, what are your favorite shows, and do you have any recommendations?


for a long time, steve and i didn't have tv at all. we had a tv to watch movies on, or play the wii on, but had no interest in watching actual tv. but when jude was born, my mom flew into town to stay with us for a few weeks, and hooked up our cable so we could watch general conference. and we left it hooked up ever since. right now, we are obsessed with the walking dead, the biggest loser (i know, i know...but it's SO GOOD), and we love restaurant impossible. i'll also watch anything on HGTV. as for reruns, we watch seinfeld, the king of queens, friends (okay that one's just me), and frasier (tv in the 90's was the best). we're also big fans of parks & recreation, and 30 rock. what do you like to watch? what are your favorite shows of all time? any recommendations?

p.s. do you watch mad men? never seen it, and have no desire to, but so many people are obsessed! and did you ever watch lost? my roommates did, and i thought they were so lame, but i got sucked in, and watched all six seasons in like, a month. and one more thing...sometimes i watch this show. i know, i know, it's awful...but so entertaining!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I am not a big fan of TV. I get sucked into it easily and end up feeling like I'm wasting my life away. Plus, I really don't feel like I have time for it. We have a TiVo and I TiVo one show at a time. Right now it's So You Think You Can Dance. Every once in a while I will watch something else and usually it is something on HGTV.
Matt, on the other hand, watches what I consider a ton of TV: Shark Tank, Deadliest Catch, Master Chef, Pawn Stars, Rookie Blue, etc.

Sara said...

We've been enjoying Netflix. We have basic basic cable, but haven't been watching a lot lately. I've found I really like "Drop Dead Diva" (Lifetime), and Eric and I are nerds, so we've been watching Star Trek the Next Generation. :)

prerna pickett said...

We LOVE the Walking Dead. I can't get enough of Friends, could watch over and over again. I just got into Downton Abbey, that's really good.

Julianna said...

walking dead (can't wait til it comes back on), so you think you can dance, big bang theory. love swamp people and chopped and top chef... and adventure time on cartoon network.